Single emails have a specific purpose and are sent automatically when triggered by the actions of your contacts. It is unlike a broadcast message where you send it to a specific group of contacts at a certain date/time.
The ability to send a single email as the result of a contact triggering one of your predefined actions has many powerful uses and benefits to your business.
Managing your single emails
To create a single email, go to Content / Single Emails / Create New.
To edit a single email, go to Content / Single Emails / Show List:
… and choose Edit from the Choose action… drop-down menu.
When creating or editing a single email, the settings are the same.
The Settings Tab
- Name – a unique name for the single email.
- Description – a description for the single email. This is never displayed to your contacts.
Tracking and reporting Section
- Track open rate for HTML and multi-part messages – check this box to track the open rate for the single email if it is sent in HTML/multi-part format.
The Sender Tab
Email system Section
- Send with this email system – choose the email system to be use to send the single email.
From and reply-to Section
- Sender name – the name to be used as the From name for the single email.
- Sender email address – the email address to be used as the From email address for the single email.
- Reply-to email address – the email address to be used as the Reply-to email address for the single email.
- Send with this persona – the persona to be used to personalize the single email.
The Message Tab
- Subject – the subject of the single email.
- Format – the format of the single email.
- Template to load into editors – choose a template to load into the plain text and HTML editors. Existing copy in the editing boxes will be lost.
- Plain text content – the plain text copy of the single email.
- HTML content – the HTML copy of the single email.
- Manage subscriptions link – check this box to add the manage subscriptions link to the message.
- Affiliate link – check this box to add your affiliate link to the end of the message.
- Files to attach to message – check the file attachments that you want to append to the single email.
Single emails can be sorted by date/time added, name, description, subject, send count, open count, and bounce count using the Order by drop-down menu.
The With selected… menu allows you to delete the selected single emails.
Using the I want to… drop-down menu, you can create a single email and delete all single emails.
Under the Actions column, the Choose action… drop-down menu has the options to:
- Preview – preview the message in a pop-up window. Your browser needs to allow pop-ups for this to work. The preview window has tabs for the plain text and HTML versions of the message.
- Test – send yourself a test version of the message.
- Reports – graphical reports on the open and bounce rates for the message.
- Edit – edit the message settings and its content.
- Copy/Copy then edit – create a new message by copying the message’s settings and content.
- Delete – delete the single email.